Now that your video is submitted, you have to promote yourself and gather support for your entry!
How to promote yourself?
From August 1st 2014 and until October 31st 2014, people can support their favourite candidates and vote for them!
Once you have submitted you video, you’re expected to promote your entry to gain supporters and votes. Although public votes is just one factor in our final decision, winning the confidence of the judges will certainly help you secure an invitation to compete for the Best Dive Job! Remember that we expect to see your abilities with blogging, social media and marketing.
There are a number of things you can do to promote yourself and WIN the Best Dive Job in the World 2014 competition.
Build Your Social Media Campaign
To start you can do the following:
– Cross-Post your entry on our Facebook Page.
– Invite all your friends to like your contest entry.
– Send tweets about your entry and the competition on Twitter..
– Invite all your friends to look at our contest website.
– Invite your friends to like our video on youtube.
You may also choose to create your own Facebook pages or web pages; we are happy to see any efforts that you can take in order to promote your entry in the competition.
“Campaigning for the Best Dive Job was a lot of work but it was also fun. I got to think of creative ways to get myself noticed, to show Blue Season Bali my personality, and to get Blue Season Bali’s name out in the world. I think that the most important factor in this competition is to find your own niche. To promote both yourself and Blue Season Bali in a way that allows your personality to shine through.” – Marlies Tumolo, winner of the Best Dive Job in the World 2012
Here’s a few blogging tips:
Build a successful content strategy
- Choose the right platforms
- Define your goals (define your goals from the start, set up short, medium and long term goals, design and market your blog with these goals in mind)
- Schedule ahead (plan your posts ahead, create a writing schedule, promote your posts at different time)
Content is king
- Blogs are a great way to express yourself, connect with others who share your passions and share information. An original content is the key to the success of your project.
- A picture is worth 1000 words : add pictures, videos, podcasts, create multimedia content or visual elements to your post
- Understanding the importance of Post titles, headers and sub-headers is crucial for getting your content indexed (use headers, SEO, categories, keywords…)
Your blog is your personal brand and should be consistent with who you are. Be authentic and blog like if you have a conversation with your readers. Your consistency will be rewarded with readers loyalty.
Update frequently and keep users interested by posting new content that is meaningful to your readers.
Blogging is about creating social impact and engagement.
There is more than creating compelling content to attract readers to your blog, you need to work outside of your blog to promote and develop the community. Use other networks to link back to your blog posts (cross post them to your facebook page for instance).
Comment and engage
It is really important to engage with your readers. You can also comment on other candidates blogs and social media. You should lead by example.
Grow your audience
Build your network and share with other like minded individuals and groups.
Blogging 101 – How to build and manage a successful content website
A Word of Wisdom from Past Winning Candidates
Use all the tools at your disposition to help you gain momentum, promote your entry, grow your fan-base and your audience. Remember that the competition is open for 3 months. Submitting your entry early will give you an advantage ONLY if you work hard, maintain your campaign and engage with your supporters. – Kenzo Kiren – Winner of the Best Dive Job in the world 2010.
We also encourage you to make follow up videos, write blog posts, share your experiences and adventures on social networks and to keep in touch with our team.
Well, that’s it! We’ve given you all of our best advices to help you WIN The Best Dive Job in the world Contest 2014 edition…. Now it’s up to you to show us what you’ve got!
- The competition is open until October 31, 2014.
- We will announce the 8 winning candidates on November 20, 2014.
- Candidates will need to be able to travel to Bali in May 2015 for a minimum of 2 months for their Divemaster training, and to compete for the selection of the Best Dive Job in the World Grand Prize winner. Please make sure that you’ll be available to travel to Bali from May 23, 2015 to July 20, 2015 before you submit your entry.
- For a complete list of prizes, check out http://contest.bestdivejob.com/prizes
For more information about the Best Dive Job in the world contest, please contact Robert Scales via email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.BestDiveJob.com